Mars Project (2012)

A decade ago rapper Khari 'Conspiracy' Stewart was diagnosed with a psychological disorder, but he has rejected the label and is pursuing a spiritual path.

Friday, May 20, 2011

The interview that started it all...

After my first summer back from film school, I was pursuing a number of rappers to add to my interview portfolio for the online rap mag Ugsmag. Since I had interviewed his twin-brother months prior, I thought it would be apt to speak with the other half of the group Supreme Being Unit. I had known Khari for a few years and I had seen him lurking around Edmonton for years prior, but this was the catalyst to the Mars Project saga. When I came back to school with the task of directing a short character profile documentary, I knew I had to give at the very least, a glimpse into this troubled man's life. Read the original interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment