Mars Project (2012)

A decade ago rapper Khari 'Conspiracy' Stewart was diagnosed with a psychological disorder, but he has rejected the label and is pursuing a spiritual path.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Original trailer...


Fellow filmmaker and classmate Justin Oakey cut together the trailer for the film. In keeping with the sinister nature of the subject matter and the low-fi quality of footage, the trailer does a good job of never explicitly explaining the film. One user notes "I have no idea what this film is about, but I like the camera work. The play of light, the exposure and the way the camera follows the guy really works to develop tension." I can't remember if it was the strength of this trailer or if it was the short that I posted (very briefly; don't try and find the whole version), but the year I finished the original in 2008, the Toronto After Dark Film Festival showed the film before Donkey Punch. Being in second year and having a film in a sold-out festival was pretty cool, though I look like a boob in the press photo and the girl I took with me to the screening never talked to me again (true story!). I look at this film as "the little short that could" because it has shown at more film festivals than any of my other work to date. Still haven't been able to recoup the costs of it though. Soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment